2015 Women-In-Business Challenge
Welcome to the 2015 Women-In-Business Challenge, sponsored by the Women’s Business Resource Center at the Urban League of Greater New Orleans. The Women-In-Business Challenge is a business accelerator program for women business owners. The program encompasses business growth education, individualized consulting, mentor-ship and business pitch presentation assistance. Program Eligibility requirements:
- Business must be Majority Female Owned
- Minimum 1 Full-Time Employee
- In Business (Operational) for at least 12 months
- Annual Revenue Greater than $25K
- Business model that is Innovative or Technology-based or a Traditional Business that provides resources for or supports Women/Girls
- Business has potential to quickly increase its revenue base
- Business scalable to $1M within 5 years
Access Business Services
WBRC works in eight parishes providing an array of business services and products to the women-owned small business community.
- One-on-One Counseling with Business Expert
- Entrepreneurial Training Classes
- Small & Emerging Business Development Program
- Technology Assistance
- Industry specific workshops and seminars
- Online Counseling and Training
Our counselors can assist you with:
- Financial analysis of your business
- Business and Marketing Plans
- Finance and Loan Packaging
Walk-ins are welcome; it is preferred that you make an appointment. To register your business for services call the WBRC at 504-620-9647 or register online here. Most services are free; however, more complex services are cost-shared expenses. All of the services are provided by knowledgeable and experienced industry specific business consultants.
Once you have secured your assessment appointment, complete the Counseling Information Form and bring it with you to your first appointment.
WBRC addresses concerns for the small business owner. Our services will address you business needs.
- Management training
- Location selection
- Financial management skills
- Entrepreneurial training,
- Basic credit literacy pursuant to small business ownership
- St. Tammany
- St. John the Baptist
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses at Delgado Community College
- It is a practical business management education program that gives entrepreneurs valuable skills for growing their business, the opportunity to access financial capital, powerful networking opportunities and more – at absolutely no cost to participants.
- Am I eligible?
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Application
Technical Assistance often refers to what most people consider standard business assistance. At the Business Resource & Entrepreneurship Center there is a variety mentoring and assistance available through one-on-one consulting, group classes and referrals to tailored programs. Programs for established owners may be focused in improving or expanding their business. Experienced business consultants can outline a plan of action to suit your needs. Business organization & registration, management, finance, QuickBooks, marketing or applying for a business loan BREC is here to help.
The BREC partners with the National Urban League, Goldman Sachs, Business Roundtable and the White House National Economic Council. The National Urban League and the Urban League of Greater New Orleans are also non-profit partners with the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business initiative.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
New and existing small business owners who live or work in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. John the Baptist, Plaquemines, Terrebonne, St. Charles or St. Bernard Parishes.
ASSISTANCE AND RESOURCES SERVICES:
- Business plans
- Marketing plans
- Financial resources and assistance
- Training, seminars and workshops
- Quickbooks consulting and training
- Legal services
- Library and research organizations
- Management issues and training
- Manufacturing, high tech and life sciences development
- Nonprofit development
- Product development
- Regulatory compliance
- Selling to the government and large corporations
- Tax services
HOW MUCH DO SERVICES COST?
Initial assessment is always free. There may be fees for some outside expert consulting or for training classes. Some programs may pay all or part of outside professional consulting fees.
All programs at the BREC are available to male and female entrepreneurs regardless of nationality or ethnicity with the goal of aiming to strengthen their business enterprise and increase their capacity for success through training, strategic alliances, collaborative resources and improvement of their management skills.